Kitchen Designer/Project Manager
- Design kitchens based on client supplied prints or Salesperson supplied field dimensions using 20-20 software or Revit Software. Make recommendations to clients and/ or salesperson on layouts, appliances, colors, material specie and door style based on client interaction and discussion.
- Work within client budgets to analyze best options for manufacturer and door style.
- Provide photo quality color renderings within the WDS title Block to client without dimensions for client presentation and with dimensions after signed contract and/ or design fee is finalized.
- Provide 11” x 17” renderings with flooring, cabinetry, counter tops, mouldings, appliances and wall colors. Include special features when required such as coffered ceilings, tray ceilings, wainscots, etc. to make the presentation a success. Mount presentations on foam board.
- Interact with clients, salespersons, vendors, retail clients and fellow colleagues in all aspects of assisting with phone calls, clients, vendors, invoicing, etc. to make the business run smoothly and efficiently.
- Be part of the team responsible for business decisions including showroom layout and design, individual client designs, etc.
- Be a team player and responsive to the needs of others.
- Establish a specification sheet or design form for use by the individual salesperson to assist with the client’s needs and desires, appliance selections, etc.
- Give options to the client when required to make sure they are aware of the issues with other designs.
- Attempt to minimize the impact of major expenses such as moving sinks and appliances whenever possible to keep clients within budget for remodels.
- Keep current on 2020 updates and be the best. Also be willing to train new designers on this software.
- Continually strive to improve the selection process via new design and specification forms each time a new idea is considered, discussed and approved by the design team.
- We want to see your work published and expect to see you do at least one project each year, hopefully more often, that can be published in our newsletter, magazines such as Signature Kitchen and Bath and any other marketing vehicle that we determine to be successful.
- We need before and after pictures of each renovation project. These pictures need to be posted on Pinterest.
- Participate in all of our social networking venues including, but not limited to facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, Pinterest, Twitter and others to be determined.
- Be ready and able to do initial client meetings, taking all field dimensions, before pictures of the project when it is a renovation, all design presentations and working drawings, interact with the cabinet manufacturers for custom items when needed, ordering, double checking for all details and dimensions, have client sign documents prior to ordering confirming selections, schedule installers, meet installers at job for complete pre-install meeting to answer any questions and follow up daily until the install is complete. Punch out the job with the installer to make sure it is complete before asking for final draw.
- Send out thank you letters after the first contact is made to the prospective owner and builder. Follow up with a final thank you letter after the install to assure the client that you are available should the need arise to discuss any part of the project and make any necessary adjustments.
Kitchen Design Assistant
Please send a resume including a detailed account of experience and education level. We offer a benefit package with paid time off and employee health insurance.Minimum Qualifications:
Ability to learn 20/20 kitchen design software-10.5 version
Interest in kitchen and bath design
Must be extremely detail oriented
Advanced computer skills
Ability to multi task.
Dedication to Excellent Customer Service
Preferred Skill Set
Proficiency in Auto-CAD, Revit, or other design software programs is a plus.
Social Networking Skills is a plus
QuickBooks experience is a plus
Interior design experience is a plus
Stone and tile sales/design experience is a plus
Appliance sales experience a plus
Plumbing sales experience a plus
Flooring sales/design experience is a plus
This is a permanent position. Recent graduates of Interior Design Programs are a good fit for this position. Part time positions also available.